Thing 45: Anything Goes Google

I need to use Google tools to create a Google Form for the art teacher. She wants one with which she can ask a question, and students need to answer it correctly before they can move to the next question. I've heard of these forms being done, so will just need to figure out how to do one.

I've started with the Google Form and am surprised that it is more difficult than I expected. I've changed the theme, and added images without any problems, but I'm having difficulty with requiring the questions be answered correctly before moving on. I've viewed help within the Google Form. I've read several informational pieces through a search, and I watched a tutorial on advanced Google Forms. From what I can tell the problem might be because my questions are all short answer, rather than multiple choice.

That was it! I went back and created separate sections for each question, and changed the first couple questions to multiple choice. Once I did that I could choose which answer would take them to the next section and which would cause them to return to that question until they answered correctly. I've shared it with the art teacher to see if it will work for her this way. I also suggested something I saw in the tutorial. If a question is answered incorrectly, students can be taken to a review section. This seems like a great idea which I will add in if the teacher agrees. I added review videos to each question, had some difficulty with moving to the correct sections, but liked the outcome. Unfortunately, the teacher decided she didn't want to utilize the review aspect so I had to go back and remove each of those sections.

The next step is figuring out how to get a google form onto or linked to a USB drive. This is something I'll need to work on a bit more. I got it onto the USB, but I didn't accomplish that easily. It was basically an experience in trial and error. Students were able to use the USB to access the form and answer the questions in order to get the key to one of the locks for a breakout. The teacher was happy with how it all worked out! :)

https://goo.gl/forms/Q3QyCVr0KsenBp9w1



Comments

  1. Clever!!! I would never have thought to put the form on a USB drive. How did you do it? Was it a link to the form? Or the whole form? Don't you love demos that make it look like it will take you 2 minutes to create your form? lol - I find it takes me forever to get things just the way I want them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment