Thing 22: Annual Reports - Make Them Matter

Well...The first thing I learned on this "thing" is to not leave the annual report until May. Too bad it was the middle of May when I first took a look at it! I'll have to do the best I can in putting together the end of the year report for this year and know that I'll need to collect data earlier next year.

Jennifer LaGarde's lengthy list of other schools' annual reports was very helpful. I looked at all of them and was able to get ideas for formatting, what information to include, and tools to use for the report. I decided that for this year's report I would try using S'more. I looked at Deb Kachel's Annual Report Guide as she was one of my professors at Mansfield. There was information that I'll need to include in future reports, but unfortunately wasn't prepared to share this year. I've bookmarked the page so I can use it for future reference. Some of the reports used as examples in thing 22 were extremely long. Considering that my annual report will be presented to the board of education I want to keep it to no more than a couple of pages.

I've spent the past couple of weeks gathering information and figuring out how I want to present that information. I've started my S'more and you can see what I have done so far here. After I add to the Circulation section I plan to look back at a few of the reports I liked best to see if there's anything else I might want to add. I'd also like to add a couple more pictures, probably to the students/classes seen section. I'm not presenting to the board until July so I'll have time to add to this and change it over the next few weeks.

https://www.smore.com/kv78q-library-media-report-2016-2017

Comments

Post a Comment